Welcome to the new office of Warren M. Levin, MD., "The Blending of Conventional and Alternative Philosophies." Enter a calm, small, intimate setting with a staff ready to welcome you and to provide timely, compassionate and individualized care.
You have come in search of optimal health and wellness with a physician who will take the time to listen to your physical and emotional challenges and will work with you to address them. Dr. Levin recognizes that each patient is a totally unique individual. The development of each patient's regimen recognizes this uniqueness.
The philosophy behind Dr. Levin's practice is, in his words:
"The human body is a miraculous machine that is designed to fix itself. No doctor can "fix" it – even the most advanced surgery requires the miracle of healing after the wound is closed." What then is the doctor's function? It is to find the underlying problem(s) that prevent healing! We must identify:
- Deficiencies – Vitamins, minerals, essential fats and oils and essential carbohydrate molecules are processed out of the American diet.
- Toxicities – Sudden or gradual accumulation of substances interfere with the body's biochemistry.
- Infections - Acute or chronic infections are frequent but can be very difficult to identify.
- Allergies - Commonly unrecognized, allergies can cause debilitating symptoms.
- Hormonal (Endocrine) Imbalance – A condition which plays a major role in perpetuating disability.
The latest mouthful is "Psycho-neuro-immuno-endocrinology" – an incredible balancing act that no human can successfully emulate with prescription drugs, all of which are, by definition, foreign to healthy biochemistry.
There are many times when prescription drugs are a haven in the SHORT TERM.
Dr. Levin does not say patients should NEVER use drugs, nor that they should ALWAYS avoid American medicine, Hospitals/ERs – those can all be life-saving, or in worst-case scenarios, they can provide blessed relief from incurable symptoms. In our facility, our objective is to foster and support the miracle of healing – it is every patient's birthright.
We also assist patients who are interested in fine tuning and maintaining their health and vitality in an effort to pursue an anti-aging strategy.
Whatever your concern, Dr. Levin views your health care through a whole body approach.
"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease." Thomas A. Edison